Style Expert Amy Tara Koch Shares Top 5 Must Have Fall Accessories for Moms
I had the opportunity to sit down with Amy Tara Koch, stylist and author of Bump It Up, in Chicago to discuss her MUST HAVE fall accessories every mom can easily add to their repertoire of fall clothing.
When it comes to accessorizing and providing tips for moms, Amy is always on point. As a mom herself, Amy is a career fashion gal who understands that style is a major element to looking and feeling great and is always eager to provide women the tools to do so.
Table of Contents
Amy’s Top 5 Must Have Accessories for Moms
1. The Bag: The perfect “classic” leather tote/satchel is a must for every stylish mom. Look for a tote that is roomy and packed with style punch. Keep it elegant rather than edgy this season. Leave the metallic for summer and focus on rich browns, chocolate or deep purple.
2. The Shoes: Ankle boots (peep or closed toe) will modernize your look this season. Change the shoe and change your silhouette. Booties are versatile and can be worn with a dress, leggings and jeans.
3. The Jewelry: Add a statement cuff or bangles in gold, resin or leather for that extra oomph. Don’t be afraid to mix contrasting materials and textures. Stay away from mixing gold and silver when it comes to jewelry.
4. The Fur: Must have for this season is a trendy pelt with a vest, boa, and fur trimmed shawl. As one of the hottest trends spotted on the runways of many designers — fur is back this year with a vengeance! Adding a piece to your wardrobe embodies a major runway style, that any woman can sport when it is cold outside, while still looking totally chic and sophisticated.
5. The Jacket: Add vavavoom to any basic LBD, leggings or skirt with a gender bending tux jacket. The tuxedo jacket can take you from casual to glam in minutes!