Baking with a toddler: Carrot Cake
I don’t know about you but I love carrot cakes so I tried this 100% vegan carrot cake recipe (found here and adapted) with my daughter. It’s really easy and fun to do with a toddler.
Table of Contents
50 cl coconut cream
150 g flour
2-3 grated carrots
2 packets of baking powder
100 g sugar (I don’t bake with sugar so I used a spoon of agave syrup)
the juice from squeezed orange
1 table spoon of cinnamon
1 vanilla bean
1 tea spoon of nutmeg
1 tea spoon of cardamome
1 little bowl of raisins
around 15 chopped nuts
some coconut oil (you can add it in the end if your dough is too dry)
Usually I prepare all the ingredients on a large tray to show to my daughter what we have to do. Then I separate the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients on 2 different trays with 2 bowls. First we mix the wet ingredients, then the dry and then we mix everything together. Super easy! 🙂
1. Transfer the carrots into a large bowl:
2. Add all the wet ingredients to the carrots: orange juice, coconut cream and agave syrup (in this case). If you use sugar, add it to the dry ingredients
3. Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. First add the baking powder to the flour, then the spices (cinnamon, cardamome, nutmeg, vanilla):
4. Add the nuts and the raisins:
5. Mix everything together:
At this point, I finished the dough alone because it became quite hard to mix it.
6. Spread the dough in a cake pan and bake it in your oven (180°C for around 30 minutes).